ERS International Congress 2017
Milan Italy, 9-13 September
GSK Travel Scholarship for ERS 2017 Milan 9-13 September – GP with specialist interest / Registered Nurse specialising in respiratory conditions.
Asthma Auckland through a GSK Travel Scholarship are sending two candidates to ERS Milan, Italy 2017. It is the largest meeting of respiratory professionals in the world, with another outstanding scientific and educational programme designed to address the needs of researchers, clinicians, general practitioners and allied health professionals alike.
Deadline for applications: Close of business Friday 28 July 2017
Aim: This award will support two people to attend the European Respiratory Society International Congress 2017 in Milan, Italy.
This award may be awarded to any health practitioner who is working in the area of respiratory medicine in the capacity of vocational general practitioner with respiratory interest and / or registered nurse with respiratory specialty.
The recipient will be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident who currently resides in New Zealand. This is a travel award to cover return economy flights, accommodation and ERS registration.
To be eligible for the award, the applicant must:
1. Be a vocationally trained General Practitioner (FRNZCGP) or a Registered Nurse specialising in respiratory conditions,
2. Be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand,
3. Be a health practitioner;
a. have demonstrated research interest in respiratory health with a track history of published work and / or research experience, this is preferred but not requisite,
b. have excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to liaise effectively with other health and science professionals,
c. Have an ongoing commitment to further education and professional development, and the opportunity to promote education in the area of asthma and respiratory disease to vocational peers.
The following conditions must be met by members receiving this award:
• The award must be used for the ERS International Congress 2017 which will be held in Milan, Italy, from 9-13 September, 2017.
• A report summarising the outcomes of the travel must be provided to the CEO – Asthma Auckland, two months after completing travel.
• A verbal presentation will be required after completion of travel at a time suitable to both applicant and Asthma Auckland, this presentation will be to a group of health professionals.
Note: These conditions must be met to remain eligible for future award rounds. Applications in writing to the CEO – Linda Thompson, Asthma Auckland, PO Box 67066, Mt Eden, Auckland 1349 or an electronic application as a single PDF file submitted via email to email@example.com
• A statement of your involvement in respiratory medicine and the benefit of this award to your career development (one A4 page maximum).
• Any submitted abstract for the meeting.
• A record of relevant experience and / or qualification (maximum two A4 pages).
For more information: