September is birthday month!
September is birthday month! Just about everyone you know is celebrating either their own birthday or someone else’s next month.
So before all of the gift-buying starts, now is a great time for us to remind your friends, family, supporters, volunteers, staff, board members (everyone you know!) that birthdays give them an easy way to support you through The Good Registry.
If everyone in NZ gave one $10 donation instead of one gift during September that would be $47 million for Good causes like ours!
According to Statistics New Zealand
- 30 September is the most common birthday of the year.
- the 10 most common birthdays of the year all appear in the 10-day period from 22 September to 1 October.
Some birthday inspiration
- Seven-year-old Ada asked for Good Gift Cards for her birthday and spread the donations between The Neonatal Trust, Garden to Table, Cheeks in Seats, Project Jonah, the SPCA, and the Wellington Zoo Trust. https://thegoodregistry.com/blogs/news/were-never-to-young-to-enjoy-good-gift-cards
- Kate Richards was nervous that no-one would donate when she created her birthday registry for the SPCA, but she didn’t need to worry. She raised more than $300! https://thegoodregistry.com/blogs/news/what-to-ask-for-when-it-s-your-birthday-and-you-have-enough-stuff
- Kirsty Fyfe pledged her 50th birthday to support Project Jonah. Instead of gifts, 12 friends who joined Kirsty for a birthday lunch made donations at The Good Registry, and together they contributed $520. https://thegoodregistry.com/blogs/news/how-to-use-a-birthday-celebration-to-help-save-the-whales
- Instead of receiving gifts, Deb Wood chose to pledge her 60th birthday to Alzheimers NZ after facing the personal struggles of Alzheimers with her mother: https://thegoodregistry.com/blogs/news/celebrating-60-helping-thousands
- Trelise Neal donated her 8th birthday to the SPCA. She raised $309 - enough to vaccinate five puppies or to provide dental care for three horses! https://thegoodregistry.com/blogs/news/trelises-happy-birthday-without-gifts
- Amanda Rowe says she received amazing support when her second daughter arrived early, by emergency c-section, so she paid forward her 45th birthday to help the Neonatal Trust. https://thegoodregistry.com/blogs/news/another-story-blog-page
Remember, there are a couple of ways people can use birthdays to support you:
- If it’s their own birthday
- they can create a Good Gift Registry, and ask friends and family to give to the charity they’ve chosen via their own registry page, or
- They can ask friends and family to buy them Good Gift Cards from The Good Registry, and then redeem those to make donations to any of our charity partners.
If it’s someone else’s birthday, they can give Good Gift Cards from The Good Registry instead of gifts. Their recipient gets the joy of receiving, and of giving, by redeeming their gift card to donate to charities they care about!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.