Take The Test
Asthma NZ is using technology to help us be in contact with more people, we hope you find our ChatBot quick and easy to use.
The ChatBot will ask you 5 questions and at the end calculate your score so you know how well managed your asthma is.
It will give you options along the way and you can use it many times – it loves being used.
And if you wondered what a ChatBot looks like, you'll see it floating in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
Simply click to open the ChatBot and follow the prompts.
DANGER SIGNS OF AN ACUTE ASTHMA ATTACK
- Severe shortness of breath (struggling to breathe)
- Rapid shallow breathing
- Wheezing sound when breathing in and out (if wheezing stops with no improvement of symptoms, it is an EXTREME EMERGENCY... dial 111)
- Chest tightness
- Unable to speak more than one or two words per breath
- Distressed or feeling frightened
- Little or no improvement after using reliever medication
- Blueness around the lips
- Hunching over
Note: Not all of the above symptoms may be present
- 1 PUFF of blue reliever into Spacer
- 6 BREATHS
- Repeat 6 TIMES
- Wait 6 MINUTES
If there is no improvement after the second lot of 6 puffs, call 111 and keep giving 6 puffs every 6 minutes until emergency services arrive.